How to make curtains, curtains design, curtain needs, curtain styles

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easy Steps to Make your Own House No Sew Curtains


Easy Steps to Make your Own House No Sew Curtains

Here are the easiest window treatments in the record of window treatments to make. Well, now that I think about it, the coverlet that I thumb tacked over my window in my first flat was easier. 


All I used for this project was:
5 yards (total) of fabric
1 Package of hem tape
2 packages of grommets (1 per panel)

Step 1 - cut your fabric into 90 inch panels (or however long you want yours to be, I like mine to pool a bit at the bottom).
Step 2 - use your hem tape to hem the bottom of the panel. 


Step 3 - use your hem tape to hem to hem the top, leaving enough room for the grommets.


Step 4 - Using the template that comes in your package of grommets, draw the circles that you will cut out.


Step 5 - These grommets just snap together, and your circles that you cut out don't have to be perfect for these to work.  I was the most worried about that part, but the grommets are very forgiving.  Just snap them together on either side of your fabric.
 Step 6 - Hang them up and enjoy!



I would finally like to put a sheer of some kind to cover the entire door area, but our backyard is private enough that no one can see in.  So instead of putting a huge long bar all the way across, I just got two small curtain rods to hang each panel on either side of the door.  I got these on sale at Hobby Lobby for $7.99 each!  Way cheaper than getting a HUGE LONG curtain rod that wouldn't serve any purpose.






1 comment:

  1. The post has shared information about easy steps to make your own house.

    Curtains

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.